A 51-year-old Filipino migrant worker was killed after he was struck by a vehicle in a hit-and-run incident in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
On June 12, following the incident the man was rushed to hospital where he died from his injuries four days later, GMA News reported on Tuesday.
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said in a statement that it will be assisting the victim’s family in the repatriation of his remains. The DFA did not disclose the victim’s identity.
The driver of the vehicle that hit the victim did not stop at the scene. The Saudi authorities have so far failed to catch the suspect.
The DFA also said that there will be an investigation into the victim’s death to determine whether his employer neglected his case.
“The Philippine Consulate in Jeddah said it has requested the Saudi authorities to conduct a thorough investigation of the death of the victim following allegations of negligence on the part of his employer,” a spokesperson said.