The MTR Corporation announced on Wednesday that services on the Tsuen Wan Line, where trains collided on Monday, had resumed normal service after overnight repairs were completed.

At 11 pm on Tuesday, maintenance workers placed the derailed bogies back on the tracks and arranged for both affected trains to be removed from the main line, according to a post on the railway operator’s Facebook.

There had been fears that disruptions would continue for several days after the accident, as the operator said earlier that due to the incident happening in a very restricted space inside a tunnel, it may take some time to complete repairs.

Frederick Ma, chairman of the MTR, said the railway operator expressed its gratitude for passengers’ understanding and the support of relevant authorities, Ming Pao Daily reported. The incident happened about 3 am on Monday when two trains collided near Central Station during testing of a new signaling system. Two train drivers suffered minor injuries.

The company said it would set up a committee to look into the crash.

Read: Two MTR trains crash in Hong Kong