Asia Times welcomes unsolicited news articles, analysis pieces and op-eds. If you have an idea you’d like to pitch, please fill out the form below.
- It’s always better to pitch an idea first, rather than invest time and effort only to be disappointed by a rejection.
- For paid content, we are seeking original reporting and analysis, but will also consider commentary from time to time. If you are seeking a platform to let the world know about your views, please consider an approach to the Insights section.
- The ideal length for news stories is about 600 words. They should address one main idea or theme and not attempt to wrap multiple, complex stories into a lengthy mainbar.
- We will also consider packages or series of stories addressing a common theme or topic.
- Please submit completed articles as a Word document rather than a PDF.
- To assist in fact-checking and aid transparency for readers, we would like all assertions or references to factual events to contain a hyperlink (which doesn’t have to be to an English-language source) or to clearly cite the source of the information.
- If you seek compensation, please indicate this clearly in your pitch, and whether the article has been published elsewhere, and if so, in what language and in which publication. Any payment must be agreed by the newsroom in advance. We will not pay a kill fee for stories that have not been explicitly commissioned.
- Because of the large volume of submissions, we will contact you only if your piece is accepted. If you do not hear from us within three business days, please feel free to submit your article to other publications.
- Please submit your article or pitch just once. Should the newsroom not accept your piece, please feel free to approach the Insights editor.